When you are dealing with Houston water damage, immediate action is crucial. Encynk responds immediately and uses advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. We closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
See water damage tips below:
What you can do until help arrives
After any Houston water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
Have A Water Damage Emergency?
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Our highly trained technicians are ready to respond immediately to flood or water damage at your Houston property. We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home or business quickly and properly. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to find the water and remove it as quickly as possible. Our technicians will monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.